Delegate's Report - September 2016
PTA Council of Howard County (PTACHC)
Meeting notes from PRES Delegate
September 6, 2016
Visit the PTACHC website for more information: http://www.ptachc.org
- The first PTACHC meeting of the school year was held on Tuesday, September 6
- New PTACHC officers were sworn in
- The Superintendent and Board of Education Liaison gave welcoming remarks
- A mold report was given- see HCPSS for more information.
- The principal of Homewood (where PTACHC meetings are held) welcomed the group and requested the support for teachers. Homewood doesn’t have a PTA – students come from all over the county to attend this alternative school. A wish list was shared, for items including staff mailbox treats and teacher appreciation week help.
- Request for parent representation on policy workgroups – see the website for more info. Including:
- Policy 2010 Student Representation
- Policy 3060 Data Privacy
- Request for parent participation on the Community Advisory Council which advises the Board of Education. Email CAC.email@example.com
- Report from parent concerned about the Adequate Public Facilities policy that addresses community growth and aims to avoid over-crowding. See Howard Council Bill 55-2016 and Resolution CD 103-2016 for more information. There is an effort by downtown Columbia developers to freeze it for 40 years.
- Question about yearbook/school directory policies. Request for clarification and a written policy.
- Let your PRES delegates know if there is an issue you’d like us to raise.